Pawn and Porn sound exactly the same in an Australian accent, and it causes some problems.
- Mally: I wish I was a porn star.
- Me: Oh, do you? Um, what do you think porn stars do?
- Mally: Well I would own my own shop and people could bring in their stuff and they could sell it to me, and I will sell it to other people for more money! I'd be the best porn star.
- Me: OH. Oh, okay, that sounds great. But only the show is called Pawn Stars. If you worked in a pawn shop you would be a pawnbroker.
- Mally: Oh. So we don't call them porn stars?
- Me: No, sweetie. We don't call them porn stars.
How I clean my room:
•start at one corner
•find something from 5 years ago and stare at it nostalgically for 10 hours
•go to bed
Wellp in ready for fall
Mother of a transgender child, WPR Mother, Transgender Daughter Seek Acceptance In Small-Town Wisconsin (via neutrois)
- DO NOT SPEAK TO ME IN A CONDESCENDING WAY
- DO NOT SPEAK TO ME LIKE I’M AN IDIOT
- DO NOT SPEAK TO ME AS IF I’M STUPID BECAUSE I DIDN’T KNOW ABOUT SOMETHING THAT YOU KNEW ABOUT OR BECAUSE I DIDN’T UNDERSTAND SOMETHING THAT’S SIMPLE FOR OTHER PEOPLE TO UNDERSTAND
- JUST DON’T DO IT